Secplugs Windows File Watcher
A ready to install second opinion on access scanner for Microsoft Windows.
What is the Windows File Watcher Plugin Type?
A Secplugs Plugin Type you can configure to watch file locations on the windows systems and report suspicous activity
What are the features?
- Lazy On Access Scanning - Monitor file access and automatically submit files for analysis
- Out of Box Defaults - Comes with default API keys and configuation so it works out of the box
- Configurable Watch Directories - Configure which directories to watch for activity
- Infected File Deletion - Delete infected files
- Secplugs Portal - With a registered API key you can access all the core Secplugs features via the portal.
How does it work?
Once installed, the Plugin Type is notified by Windows when a file is created in or moved to the configured directories. The file is sent to Secplugs for a score based scan. If this scan detects this file to be malicious, the file is removed from the filesystem. This tools uses a very minimal configuration that is just enough. The list of directories to monitor is the only mandatory configuration.
How do I get started?
Download the tool from the link below, unzip to a temporary location and follow the instructions in the Install-HowTo.txt file.